1. Vote for a different kind of business practice. Lunapads is an ethical, social-mission based business. As a certified B Corporation we've had our business audited to ensure we meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. In 2016 we were honored as one of B Corporations Best for the World in the environment category.
2. Feminist values. We've been working to change attitudes towards menstruation for over a decade, and have helped thousands worldwide feel more empowered about their periods, bodies, and consumer choices.
3. Roughly 20 billion pads, tampons and applicators are sent to North American landfills annually. Each menstruator in North America will throw away an estimated 16,800 disposable pads or tampons in their lifetime; products that require hundreds of years to biodegrade. Thanks to those who have already made the switch, more than 1 million disposable pads and tampons are diverted from landfills each month!
4. Reusable menstrual products just might make you feel better about your period. Using soft, cotton Lunapads, comfy leak-free period underwear, and the uber-convenient DivaCup menstrual cup can make your period feel like less of an burden—and may even teach you something new about your body.
5. Disposable pads and tampons have been linked to everything from TSS to contact dermatitis and other skin conditions. Why are there no ingredients labels on pads or tampons? The long term health effects of repeated exposure to chemicals like dioxin and pesticide residues are largely unknown. When you use Lunapads or The DivaCup, you know exactly what you are putting in or on your body.
6. Have a do-it-yourself period and stop getting ripped off every month. Disposable pads and tampons cost at least twice as much as reusables, and they're made by companies unlikely to support your values. We see our products as tools that give you the ability to manage your period on your own terms. You don't have to keep shelling out for more products every month because your Lunapads will last 5+ years with recommended use and care. Go forth and bleed!
7. Your period is an opportunity to support our mission. Lunapads is creating sustainable jobs for women: not just here in Canada, but in Uganda too. In 2008 Lunapads endorsed the startup of a Ugandan pad-making company based on the Lunapads design. Today, AFRIpads employs over 50 women and will supply up to 100,000 schoolgirls with cloth pads so that they can stay in school during their period. Looking for a way to provide ongoing support for AFRIpads, we created One4Her: for every eligible Lunapad purchased, a girl in need will receive a Ugandan-made AFRIpad pad to support her school attendance.
8. Be part of a trans inclusive, progressive community that actually cares about your menstrual health & wellness. When was the last time you had a great conversation about your period with a disposables product manufacturer? Hit us up on Facebook and Twitter, send us an email, chat with us, or call our office to have a different kind of Period Talk.
9. Lunapads are cute, period. Our pads and pantyliners are available in a variety of stylish prints and bright, bold colours so you can have fun with your period and choose products that express your personal style.
10. We stand by our products. If our customer testimonials aren't enough to convince you that you won't regret making the switch, go ahead and try before you buy. We offer 1 Sample Pantyliner to anyone curious about cloth but unsure about making the investment. For the cost of shipping, you'll receive 1 Lunapads Pantyliner and a coupon for $5 off your next order at Lunapads.